Saturday, February 26, 2011

a visit to rosendal





one of my favorite places,ever, is Rosendal in Stockholm...on the site of a rose pink historic house and garden, this garden center/cafe/picnic grounds are open to the public and perfect in every season...I keep thinking of my last visit in spring and the long country walk through wildflower fields, delicious lunch in the greenhouse and tea outside on the picnic tables in the orchard... even the cakes are decorated with blossoms from the gardens and the shop is filled with fresh produce and wonderful teas and rosewaters, and baked goods to take home...wish I lived closer!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful images. We are buried in snow here in the Rocky Mountains and for the first time in my life I am actually aching for spring...My toes in the grass and the smell of our lilac bushes in bloom. I know we still have 2 1/2 months of snow ahead of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled upon your blog via matthew mead and the 1st post i see is one of my favorite places in the world. i'm swedish living in so.cal - my parents live on a island outside of stockholm called vaxholm and last time i was there we went to rosendals for a wonderful lunch enjoyed in the garden. love love love! i use their cook book all the time for all sorts of yummies. it's even beautiful in the winter @ rosendals - the place is magic. look forward to seeing more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there at all times of year and have their cookbook too - sometimes I just look through it when I need a Rosendal fix! I also love the picnic tables and benches and the soft colors they are painted, so took lots of pictures last time ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous... and those goodies under the mesh are intriguing...

    ReplyDelete